The Mongols are so fucking awesome. I would love to be at the height of their civilization, learning from them. Maybe they were not the most culturally creative or most advanced, but oh my gosh, were they powerful, feared, respected. That big patch of land that they conquered? Fucking huge. Europe, Russia, Asia were all eclipsed into the rule of one genius man, Genghis Khan. The Mongols were ruthless, cold-blooded, merciless, relentless, vicious. But they were also clever, extremely so. They kept the people that mattered most, the people who had purpose in their lives and a skill to show for it: the artisans and the scholars. The best stay the best and they associate with the best. Nothing to show for your skills? No where for you to go. No accomplishments? Not worth anyone's time. These people must have realized that society can only function and thrive if everyone contributes and if you can't contribute, don't be a part of society. Society obviously doesn't need you. Genghis Khan, I hope to have your leadership abilities one day. (Don't worry, no killing involved for me. I meant it as a metaphor.)
Irrelevant Lesson of the Day: Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Maybe you thought you were so ready, maybe you thought it would be a flawless path to the top. Do not imagine a perfect scenario without leaving room for potential errors. Planning out mistakes are cushions for your downfall, causing you less pain on your landing.
By the way, I received my Commemorative Issue of Time Magazine today with President-elect Mr. Barack Obama on the cover. I actually learned a lot about his journey and politics just from this one issue, which include his experiences on the campaign trail, election day statistics, and quite a few opinionated political commentaries to give you different perspectives. A lot of interesting stuff in there and some really cool candids of our next president.
No comments:
Post a Comment