Monday, November 17, 2008

Change

is a word I will add to my imaginary list of "Words I Have Lost Faith In." (Another one would be George W. Bush and the Bush administration, for example) What does change mean really? Back in 8th grade, the words "I will change" and "false promises" would go hand in hand. I would hear one but experience the other. It was a stupid, meaningless word back then. & Now, I would tell myself "I gotta change this" or "I gotta change that" but always rather doubtfully. I would hear it get thrown around, especially with Barack Obama's presidency. & When I went to thesaurus.com to search for a better alternative, none was fitting. It is still is a stupid, useless word. What I need is a new word, one I can use when I really need to express my feelings of CHANGE so I can save it up and use it someday when I truly mean it. Can you think of one? Oh, and another question. A bigger, tougher one: Honestly, to what extent can people change?

From what people told me, Camp sounded like it was THE experience. I have respect for people who truly believe in something, heart and soul. Keep it up.

No comments: