MHS will not have a swimming team next year because we won't have a functioning pool. A bunch of us showed up to the District Board of Education meeting (both coaches, parents, swimmers). Some gave emotional speeches (I cried, and people who know me know that I rarely EVER cry), for pretty much NOTHING except false promises from the board. And then what do they do? Turn around and freakin' approve the damn budget cuts to CUT swimming next year until who knows when. Someone suggested to have practices at the Sports Center but then that screws up transportation. Another person suggested creating a bond to build a swim center but that would take years. It's extremely unfair for all of us. Anyone who knows me understands that swimming is a huge part of my life, as well as the lives of most of the swimmers. As a team, we can sacrifice and we will sacrifice. We will silently, without a complaint, allow them to keep taking things away from us like they have done these past few years, just don't remove us completely. They even admitted that they have been throwing money at the pool blindly without actually fixing anything! Wasted money, and whose damn problem was that!?!? I am so furious right now, but there is nothing I can do about it. We did what we could. All that is left is depression, confusion, and worry. I still have 2 years and I don't know what to do with them without this team.
Camp Everytown tomorrow. I was excited all day today but now I am not in the mood. At this point, I feel like I want to attend those 2 meets that conflict with Camp Eveytown so I can savor as many competitions as I can with my beloved swimmers. I now realize all the dreams that I had might as well be pushed to the back of my mind because they are pointless anyways. I wanted to make CCS some time within my high school career but I only have a few weeks left to drop 3 damn seconds. I want to be team captain, I had always thought I could try when I am more experienced but there isn't even gonna be a next year. I want MVP this year, my only chance. Time is precious and we don't realize it until one day, the alarm goes off.
Didn't make Trojan Olympics this year either. Disappointment, worry, and a bit of relief? Disappointment: I had a blast last year. One of the best experiences, hands down. Worry: Um, the team barely has anyone from last year and I doubt some of the people that were chosen will really be committed. Relief: No matter how much I wanted to be on the team, I don't think I would be able to commit time-wise. I would have to sacrifice swimming, piano, school, clubs and a bunch of other stuff that would most likely have a time conflict. I have too many things to worry about right now. I guess that evens out, I feel kinda neutral right now haha.
On a happier (just a little) note, Semester 1 grades are out:
A, A-, A-, A+, A-, A+
Just gotta keep that 4.0, hopefully all the way through high school?
1 comment:
Aw dude, Patricia told me about that. Even though I'm not in swimming I still think that hella sucks. Honestly I think the board is hella dumb, matter fact I think the governor's hella dumb. It's stupid cause extra curricular activities and sports is what also motivates students to go to school besides education right? Blah, IDK but I feel you on this tho, it is unfair and I'm hella sorry. Did you hear about Piedmont High School? They're cutting ALL sports but Tennis and Football.
Post a Comment