Monday, February 23, 2009

Support our sports!

Today was rather stressful. So remember how I had decided that I wouldn't be able to attend Camp Everytown, on account of the fact that I have 2 swim meets? I think I have changed my mind (Sorry I sound so vague... I FEEL so vague on my decisions!) I used to feel like attending swim meets is something I need to do, while Camp Everytown is just something I want. Now I realize thats untrue, because those meets are preseason anyways! No big deal, doesn't affect our standings in the league. Everyone has been saying Camp Everytown is THE experience, something I will definitely regret not going to, a once-in-a-lifetime deal. The only person that is saying I shouldn't go is... me. And I am wrong a lot of the time. So that's that. I am pretty sure, that I am very much most likely gonna go to Camp Everytown. Once I said that out loud, I just got kinda excited haha :D

Fundraising time! This is the real deal. 15 magazine subscriptions by next Monday. They don't even have to be new subscriptions, you can just add on to your existing one. Did you know our MHS swim team is in serious danger of being cut!?!?!?! Who knows when, possibly next year, maybe even next week, but it's definitely up for debate with the current economy fiasco. A whole bunch of us swimmers are gonna show up at the District meeting tomorrow but voices aren't enough. Politicians need to see hard money and I am gonna try my best to do my share in this fundraiser. Come on guys, you know I would support you in a heartbeat! I really need this, and I would greatly appreciate if you helped me out. Not just me actually, you would be helping our entire swim team and we will love you for it.

This about this: we already swim in a ghetto pool in dismal conditions. Some days it's not even clean with God-knows-what crap floating around, some days it isn't warmed up properly (like today, it was so mind-numbingly cold that after only a few laps, everyone had major headaches and pounding eardrums), our lanelines are breaking apart, and we don't even have blocks and therefore cannot have any home meets. But all of those above is not what we are aiming for. We are aiming for the existence of a team in itself. We will (and currently do) suffer through all that regardless, just because we want to be at swimming practice everyday. We are 70 strong, one of the biggest sports teams and many may not realize this, but one of the liveliest too. We deserve to continue doing what we do. I don't want to lose swimming, none of us do. It would be heartbreaking for all of us. Where would we go!? What will we do with our lives!? (Okay, I am exaggerating.) But you get my point, right? I don't want to have to resort to begging... so if you are interesting in magazine subscriptions, please see me by either tomorrow or Wednesday. Thanks!

No comments: