I will do myself the liberty of noting my times and improvements at Zones Championships 2009. If you know nothing about swimming, the meaning of the numbers are pretty much useless to you.
50 free - from 29.59 to 28.73 (dropped 0.86)
100 free - from 1:04.04 to 1:03.00 (dropped 1.04)
100 back - from 1:09.98 to 1:09.85 (dropped 0.13)
100 breast - from 1:29.05 to 1:27.53 (dropped 1.52)
100 fly - from 1:17.00 to 1:16.06 (dropped 0.94)
200 IM - from 2:38.00 to 2:34.91 (dropped 3.08)
Altogether, I am very pleased with my Zones experience this year. Because of the new 2009 time standards, I got my first JO (Junior Olympics) time in 100 back!!! The 28 in my 50 free for the first time made my day too. I dropped time in every event :D I don't know what it is though, my workout has gotten 50% less intense since Brad left and Alex started coaching. Must be... I really don't know! The fact that I am sick? Or maybe that I am very stressed & tired from the past week? Or maybe the beautiful weather & plentiful sunshine, as compared to the gloomy mess of a sky that is usually what you see at Zones? These results were very unexpected from this meet but hey, I'm not complaining. They were in my favor. Baby, I think I'm ready for MHS swim season :D (7 more days!)
This meet (and the Monterey swim classic meet in August) are the best meets. Probably because they are so important. But other than that, it was a wonderful bonding experience. It's the 2 meets where we are required to go, so everyone in our team was there. In our down time in-between events (which is usually around 2-3 hours before our next event), most of the team would just sit under the tents huddled together, talking and singing. We have decided that "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz is our team song, haha! It surprised me that everyone from 10 years old to the 17 years old knew how to sing most of it.
Thank god today tomorrow is a no school day. I don't think I would have the willpower to wake up at 7am since I have been waking up at 6am for the past weekend, and then coming home at 3pm tired as hell. My day will consist of 4 loads of laundry, AP world test reviews for chapter 21 & 22, chinese homework, Ugly Betty, & Grey's Anatomy.
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! & 1 more day until Bush will be gone! Woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment