Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thought that I was stronger

$600 from Chinese New Years! It's times like this when I love being Chinese (Not to say I hate it the rest of the time, I just appreciate it more haha). Brunch was heeeeella good, lobster in the morning only happens like three times a year when our 5 or so families get together so I must enjoy it while it lasts! Don't think I can survive dinner when I am this full.

Thought this was interesting: “The period around Chinese New Year is also the time of the largest human migration, when migrant workers in China, as well as overseas Chinese around the world travel home to have reunion dinners with their families on Chinese New Year's eve.” (Source: Wikipedia) I'm not really surprised about the migration: the trains in China around this time are craaaaaazy. My mom was telling me how when she was a student in China away from home, every Chinese New Year she would take the train home and her feet wouldn't be able to touch the ground because it was so crowded. Who knows if she was exaggerating... I have seen a train where there were a mass of black-haired heads, with each head about an inch or so away from the next. It wasn't even rush hour!

I wanna visit the rest of my family back in China, they all live so close together and can visit each other anytime they want. All we have here are family friends so it's kinda more formal, less comfortable or fun.

Love Guru is hilarious. & yes, I realize I am pretty behind on movies. Later on, I'm gonna watch Iron Man and enjoy this weekend right before our damn 2nd semester starts.

Private blog today. “Thought that I was stronger, part II”

No comments: