Lots and lots of talk about Sadie Hawkins: Blackout! Haha. I am gonna buy a ticket tomorrow, but that is the only kind of action I am gonna take for now probably. Or I might decide by tomorrow, who knows. Although I do have someone in mind, I need to do some thinking about who I really want to ask.
Lecture on Sigmund Freud in English today. He is so incredibly interesting, I love it! I love how the brain works, what our personality says about us, and most importantly, why we are who we are. Since 8th grade, I have wanted to become a psychologist for god knows what reason, either a psychologist (Pro: No cubicle, choose my hours, have my own office, meet different people. Con: What if a patient tells me some really disturbing things? I could go crazy!) or a neurologist (Pro: Real brains to study! So freakin awesome. Con: 7 years of med school, oh my). Anything to do with the brain is fascinating to me. Me & Ashley have even made a mini pact to become psychologists (:
Anyways, in the lecture, Mrs. Mellera talked about trauma in the developmental stages (ages 0-5). It got me thinking, did I traumatize my brother? Sometimes I feel I am too harsh on him. But I can honestly say it was for his own good. Its just that... maybe that is traumatizing. Like when I lecture him or tell him he did something wrong. Idk! Gotta remember that What Freud said are just theories, as realistic as they may sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment