Saturday, January 3, 2009

Year 2K9

Yearly goals/resolutions don't work, or at least not for me. This past year, I have been waking up every morning and coming home everyday from school with certain daily goals for myself. And for me, those seem to work the best. I can get things done that way because I prefer life taken one day at a time. Resolutions I forget within a week. But if I mess up on my daily goal, I go to sleep with an unclear conscience. Another reason I don't do resolutions, I hate hate hate failing at anything and I (maybe you too) tend to be overly optimistic at the start of a new year.

Sweet 16 birthday party thing was pretty bomb, even though it was Plan B. Plan B > Plan A anyways. Pictures up later from party w/ family & party w/ friends. I have a bunch of Chinese homework to do by tomorrow. 20 hours to do it might not even be enough (Sorry, I procrastinated... again. So today I am paying for it.)

Looking back, I had an enjoyable break. I got things done that I have been wanting to get done, things that have nothing to do with school. Unfortunately, I barely got any school stuff done, which includes big projects I wanted to get a head start on because they are due soon and I don't want to be stressing on my first week back. Too bad I WILL be stressing on the first week back. My grades are all pretty much borderline A-, so during finals, I will be in supersonic ultra stress mode to try to maintain them. Maybe I should have set a goal/resolution for winter break, ughhh.

No comments: