Friday, January 16, 2009

Paradise replaced with a parking lot

It has been one of those weeks where when you experience it, you think tomorrow will never come. But looking back, it was a fast-paced, busy, and altogether accomplished week. Swimming practice was kinda put on the back burner, I had no choice but to be late for 2 practices and miss 1 this week. Knowledge bowl competition, deciding and shopping for Sadies, and planning a special birthday all took priority. I think I am getting better at prioritizing (although this week, I did forgot and unintentionally neglected to do something I was assigned for Science Olympiad, and I still feel ashamed that didn't will myself harder to remember). I think maybe I am too busy for my own good. Instead of starting homework at 7 daily (after swimming and piano), I have to start at 8 or 9. My nights consist of 5-6 hours of sleeping. Upcoming finals doesn't help AT ALL but add to the stress. & Just today, I gave the 2011 class officers my word that I would be in a skit/dance for the winter rally on January 30. But I think it's for my own good that I do things for experience instead of worrying about how I can benefit from it (college, duh). Trojans Olympics is still up for debate. Even though practice last year was hours long, I still consider Trojan Olympics night as one of the best nights of my life just because of the amount of energy in the gym, a natural & completely contagious high for all of us. I want to relive all of it but at what cost? What will I have to sacrifice this year? I don't want to have the sacrifices add up and bite me in the ass come the dreaded SAT day and when I apply for colleges. It's a thought that constantly crosses my mind.

Finally was able to catch up in my Time and Entertainment Weekly magazines. I have interesting tidbits that I kinda want to share... like yet another Bushism: "We were trying to say something differently, but nevertheless it conveyed a different message." Another was a witty cartoon depicting a |: face with the word: "McDonalds replaces Happy Meal with Cautiously Optimistic Meal." Entertainment Weekly was a cover story on Heath Ledger. I didn't think I could gain as much insight as I had already done (I read as many news articles as I could about his death), but the news articles don't provide enough as I discovered today. This Entertainment Weekly article was great because it was from the point of view of his closest friends, those that were there for him when he was in his highs and lows. After learning about him, you realize he is an extremely complex and fascinating person. I was surprised to know he hated and mocked the Oscars, countless publicity interviews, and promotion posters with his face on it. He is someone I can truly admire.

I just thought I would like to add how crazy real the state at which our economy is at. I see it constantly in the news, at the mall (new stores replace older ones), on the radio, and in my college savings account my mom set up. Obama, help?

Coming up soon (within the next week)... Zones Championships (2-day, 8-hours-long Swimming competition), finals in all 6 classes, US Open piano competition date looms, Honors chem afterschool study group, last week of MTW practice, orthodontist (possible last one before I get my braces off!), Chinese club lunar shows practices, Winter rally dance practices, Sadie Hawkins dance, and Knowledge bowl, Science Olympiad, and Key Club meetings.

And then... a big sigh of relief. Why does everything have to happen in these two weeks?!?! Who the hell planned all of this?!

And to top it all off, I am sick with a cold. The stupid cold bug that makes your voice ugly and causes a traffic jam in your nose. & it activates my asthma, so I start coughing (I even choked on my first bite of Wheaties yesterday morning). My body is not in prime condition for the big meet tomorrow. Why fail me now... ugh.

My brother is watching the classic movie, Peter Pan. He is gonna be in for a cold shock when he gets to high school.

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.