Monday, October 20, 2008

Shanghai Nights






Blogging feels like a chore now, but I think it's important to keep track of things. So for the sake of my future, I will talk about my first dance of sophomore year, HOMECOMING!

BEFORE: HOMEWORK ALL DAY, finished all of Chinese and English except Chem Lab report. Met up at Ashley's house to get ready at like 6. Wore liquid liner for the first time! My mommy was like... next time I should get someone to teach you to put on make-up. Ouch. So anyways, Ashley, Cecilia, Vy, Victoria, Tram, and Lynn were there already. A mess of curled hair, people putting on dresses, make-up, & other girl stuff. Lynn did my hair, reminded me 8th grade promotion, and red nails by Vy. Tyler arrived first, kinda awkward cause we weren't really ready so he hid in the bathroom, lol! Almost had a big scare there cause I forgot my ID at home but I called my mommy to come and drop it off so it's all good. Rhodan came at almost the exact same time as my mommy, but I told him to pretend we don't know each other. It worked! So we all piled into the cars (2 of them), danced to the radio and practically screamed cause everyone was so excited haha. Got there, most of the sophomores were there already. First in line! Waiting: coat check, faint music from inside, group & couple pictures outside, DOORS OPENED, breathalyzers, empty dance floor.

DURING (PICTURES): First thing: PICTURES! I matched the background: gold & red. Me & Rhodan were like second in line for couples pictures cause we ruuuuushed there and filled out the form pretty fast. Didn't know what pose, so we asked photographer. Afterwards, "We should have researched our pose!" Haha! Group picture had like 40 heads but they said it was actually like 38. It was simple, just standing there with our partner. Then we took what Rhodan called the Asian Picture, with our Six Pack group + their dates and Courtney and Lynn. I really want pictures like NOW, but I'm worried how it will look. What if I blinked, ahhh! & NO, NOT CAUSE I'M ASIAN! Haha. But it's a really loooong ass wait for pictures to get printed, 2-3 damn weeks.

DURING (THE ACTUAL DANCE): The kinda lame songs and the constant nagging of NO BUMPING OR GRINDING got annoying. I'm glad they played Ms Officer though, me and Vy were humming that before the dance. Wee Ooh Wee Ooh Wee! :D They didnt turn on the lights this time like they did last year so I guess its an improvement. Hella freaking going on but the guys were like forming a human shield w/ their hands in the air so the teachers wouldn't see us. Drama with the asian mamas, but it's all good now. 3 or 4 slow songs, me & Rhodan always ended up next to Vivian & Gregory so we swayed with them. Dance ended at 10:30ish.

AFTER: 7 missed calls, 3 new voicemail, and 4 texts, all from my mom. UGH! Turns out she was waiting in the parking lot and said I needed to go home now. She promised me I could go to Denny's! But she was like, I didnt know it was gonna be this late. I FREAKIN TOLD HER IT WOULD BE TIL 12, at least! But whatever. After 15 minutes of arguing, there was no point. Said goodbyes & hugs only to Tram and Rhodan cause I was in a hurry, silent car ride, "Do you want me to make you something to eat? Since you really wanted to go to Denny's", got home, shower, set my alarm for 7:30 for Chinese school, then sleep.

No comments: