Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Why Snackrifice?

I love catchy commercial slogans like that :D

Loooong week, and will continue to be. This Science Olympiad thing is getting quite crazy. We have meetings almost everyday. Since we are also in more than 1 group, some are conflicting with each other. I trust the upperclassmen to go into the competition and do their thaaang but frankly, I am worried for myself. I am supposed to be co-captain but I don't feel like one. I help with answering questions or with clearing up any confusions but I never feel like I am doing enough. Sure, I help Ivy with spreadsheets and documents behind the scenes and lead the occasional meeting, but other than that I feel kinda useless. I don't know how I am gonna lead an entire club next year once she leaves for Stanford (which, by the way, I am totally jealous of). I have exactly 2 more years until I hear from colleges. 2 years ago, I was in 8th grade and that felt like a lifetime ago. Another lifetime to go until I finally rest.

It's amazing how a simple compliment or two really can go a long way, especially coming from people I barely know. It is nice to know that there are still people out there that give without asking for anything in return. Spreading the loooove, a good motto to live by (and remisniscent of Camp Everytown<3). I think I have a lot to be grateful for, I am lucky to be where I am. We ALL have a lot to be grateful for. For everything we have, there is at least 1 person out there that doesn't have it. We just have to keep reassuring ourselves that we got what we got, and the only thing we can do about it is use it to our advantage.

This daylight savings thing is totally wacking out my brain. I can't sleep and I can't wake up. Plus, I have PE in weather that is 10 degrees colder than usual because in reality, it is still 7am.

I used to have a deathly fear of public speaking. But I have noticed that because of high school, I am gradually overcoming it. I like speaking in front of people if I know I am not gonna be graded on it. It's quite fun to have an audience actually, to have people's attention on you. But if I have to memorize a speech, I get freaked out. Knowing that I am gonna be graded on it is even worse. My speech on piracy today was not as bad as I thought it would be though. I am quite happy with how it turned out. Mrs. Mellera told us to use our nerves to our advantage, like a natural high. I was so scared but I think I kind of understand. It's like when you are about to dive off a block into a pool at a competition, or go on a humongo rollercoaster; you don't really know what is gonna happen and you are so insanely scared but you kinda live in that moment. And oh my gosh, it is scary and exciting at the same time.

My transcript says I am in the top 1% of the sophomore class! Based on GPA, I am ranked #1 out of 736 sophomores at MHS. That #1 is misleading though, because every person who got a 4.0 since freshmen year is ranked #1. I know there are 8 other 4.0 scholars out there. Hollaaa! (=

No comments: