Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Staying focused

InstantlyNguyen: Just think, two years and we're considered adults.

Starting to look into summer camps. I really got to get a head start on my summer this year. Like last year, it will be a summer of 5am swimming and possibly Ohlone/Deanza, if I want to skip a class junior year. This year, I am aiming for a Stanford internship or college prep program. It's hard to choose an individual intensive because I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. What the media is feeding us is a fantasy and everything seems to fun and interesting. But in reality, the cons can outweigh the pros. It's too early to tell for me but I am looking into either business or science. Whatever it is, it has to have a stable future. Once I figure it out, I am gonna take every class possible. I would hate having to go through college and get totally sick of whatever it is I am studying once I graduate.

To top things off, I don't have a future with swimming since our team is getting cut next year. I know its horrible to admit, but I am glad other swim teams from around the area are getting cut. Kinda levels the playing field (hahaha, get it?). I am not giving up though, I am gonna somehow find a loophole to get our team back. Not just for college applications (it would have really helped to have 4 years of varsity swimming on my application!), but for the love of the sport. I would miss it so badly, like how I would miss a family member on a business trip or food if I were to ever starve on a desert island.

I had so much pasta today at our "pasta party," a new tradition. My first meet of the season is tomorrow! At Newark Memorial with the shopping mall within walking distance, those lucky beezies.

Apparently, I am fucking lactose intolerant!!! My body cannot take dairy, so it is basically denying me from cheese, milk (which I hate anyways), yogurt, and others. NOT COOL.

1 comment:

lynn nguyen said...

aw, im sorry about the swim team. i heard there are some school in the area that are cutting ALL sports. at least you have the opportunity to try something new!

miss you,
lynn