Wednesday, December 31, 2008

First minute of the last day of the year

People say eyes can't change colors, but I wish they could. Naturally, like a chameleon and not fake-looking, like contacts. I like to think that when I am happy, my eyes are hazel like that picture. And when I am mad, they turn dark. Instead, the color remains constant.

Reflection on this past year made me realize how much I miss 9th grade, especially that period of time in the picture above. What a good life it was then. School, friends, everything was picture perfect. Being 15 was wonderful. The time of my life where I have the least regrets, the least worries. It is where I experienced the most amount of change. As a result, I have realized change can bring good things. Change has brought me plenty of good things but it has taken some good things away. In this way, life is a risk, a continuous gamble. My theory is that things change to make things better and it is our job to see it that way, in an optimistic light.

2009, give me a run for my money. I am almost 16, fuck me. In no way am I ready to find out what that means to be 16.

3 comments:

bp said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAY!


HA! :D

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle Nguyen said...

HI! i love you, thanks for everything this year<3