Sunday, December 28, 2008

Clear mindset

If only there was someway I could transfer my thoughts and memories onto here instead of going at this keyboard for a freakin' hour. But I will love myself when I look back on it, I hope.

WARNING: This blog will be all over the place and very long. But I think I left the important stuff? At least important for my future reference/amusement. I haven't blogged in a long time and it feels weird to not do so in so long.

So I got grounded on Christmas, whaddya know! The day of Christmas was fun, presents in the morning ($100 worth of assorted gift cards, woohoo! :D My parents finally realized how picky I am and smartly enough, decided not to buy me anymore clothes.) Dinner was yummy! My mom doesn't cook that much (My grandparents cook) but the few times that she does, it is heavenly. After dinner, my cousins and I decided to go karaoke. I am not a HORRIBLE singer but neither am I a SINGER singer hahah. My cousins were good, I bet they practice those cheaters. But I came home and my mom was waiting for me. She was like 'I thought I told you you couldn't go! You went out and came back at 12am. That is way too late!' So I got grounded on the terms that I was to not watch TV or any sort of moving pictures. But that rule got broken when she actually took me go watch...

Tale of Despereaux (= I totally did not want to watch that movie at all cause OMFG I HATE ANY TYPE OF RODENT. But if you listen closely, there were stereotypes everywhere in the movie. And most importantly, the characters acknowledged their own individual stereotype and either accepted it, or changed it. It is worth watching. This time, I actually watched an animated movie not for the story but for the underlying message. I kinda realize I recommend every movie I blog about but it's because I don't blog about ugly movies. Plus, Despereaux the mouse is the cutest thing ever.

So one day, my mom was like 'Come on, let's go for a drive. We can look at Christmas lights.' Kind of a annual tradition for us, on Halloween and Christmas. This year, it was so depressing! Not that many houses had lights, probably almost half the amount as last year. And some houses that did have lights last year don't have it this year. I guess it has to do with the mood and how not that many people are feeling very festive this year. It goes to show how deeply the economy is affecting us outside our door.

I am so scared to drive. I sat in the driver's seat of my dad's Ford Explorer and I freaked. I don't know if all steering wheels are huge, or maybe it is just that car. It is quite intimidating. Sitting in that driver's seat makes me feel tiny as hell too. Um, no need for speed yet but I know it is in me somewhere.

I was reorganizing my entire bookshelf. Holy crap, I am so proud of myself. 5 hours straight cleaning, without any motivation of incentive to do so. I got in one of my rare cleaning modes, my desk and sofa was so messy that you couldn't see the bottom of the desk/sofa. It was THAT bad. So I thought, 'Might as well continue in this jolly mood!' Dusted off my trophies, cleaned my top shelf, took down some wall posters/decorations, and reorganized my ENTIRE bookshelf so that every book is organized by subject, and further organized either alphabetically, chronologically, or by size. It is so amazing that I took a picture of it which I will upload later. I also put away my trophies in a less noticeable place. I have a lot of reasons for doing so but I guess the main reason is that my trophies have become an obstacle. I don't think that makes very much sense but that's how it is to me.

So at like... 1:30am, my dad came home and told me some of our family is going crabbing (LOL! I don't know if there is any other word for it) at Crissy Park in San Francisco. I haven't gone with them in over a year cause I never manage to wake up at 4am. This year, we went at 5 am which means I got 3 hours of sleep last night. I feel amazingly awake though even before I had Starbucks. Caught 2 crabs ONLY! We went too late, last year we caught 40. There are rules: the crab has to be longer than 4 cm and NOT have white pincers, only black. But my uncle had a brainfart and got it the other way around. So we threw back hella crabs that we were actually allowed to keep! Ugh. The sea lions came out to say hello, they came incredibly close to us. For the record, they are actually very mean-looking and NOT cute.

Joint 16th birthday plans with Victoria are... not really coming along? $$$ is an issue and I understand. Must confer with each person for better alternatives to Plan A.

My teen vogue came yesterday. I saw an awesome pair of shoes by F-troupe and I am looking for it right now online. So far, no luck ):

My mom is sick. Apparently she got it from my brother. "Little kids... you give them love, they give you germs." Haha!

Tons, tons, tons of pictures from this weekend, on 2 separate cameras even. Maybe later I will weed through them and organize it. I need some down-time. I am getting a lot done this break, clearing my room and clearing my mind.

No comments: