Friday, March 26, 2010

The Little Things

I really wish I went to Trojan Olympics this year, especially since being a part of the team freshman year was one of the best experiences. I hate when I have to choose between academics and fun... but these days, every choice I make will affect where I go in life. All this talk about college acceptances and rejections for the class of 2010 is even stressing me out. I will admit that I am pretty jealous of certain seniors who worked their ass off and receive beautiful acceptance letters. And also of visiting college freshmen who rub their wonderful college experiences in our innocent faces (*ahem.. An, Vivian, and Ivy haha<3). My fate awaits me in one year.

There are times in life when I feel lonely. I've come to realize there's different kinds of loneliness: there's the kind when you're constantly surrounded by people that love you but you can't really relate to, the kind where you know you have great people to talk to but find it hard to connect or relate to, the kind where you're right next to those people but still feel a certain kind of emptiness, the kind where you want to talk to certain people but are scared to approach them, the kind where you feel like you are completely isolated from the world, and the kind where it's just you and your own little thoughts. I think I manage to go through a cycle of all of these variations from time to time. And I guess the best way to solve these problems is just to snap out of it and do something productive.

I'd like to say that guys, in general, fail at taking initiative. And then there are those that don't understand when we are totally not interested in them. I see many, TOO many, cases where these little boys wimp out at the chance of being men, or think they are men when they are actually far from it, and it's rather disheartening. And also, girls (most girls) are NOT dumb. Yes, we get your hints. And yes, we do drop hints. We are, in fact, very aware of how we present ourselves and how you guys present yourselves. And believe it or not, we do have a general idea of how you feel towards us. Am I right ladies?

And I would like to give a shoutout to my hoodlum friends (the ladies with the initials ABCCCMVV) who dress like hoodlums, walk like hoodlums, and ditch class like hoodlums teehee ;) CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT WE ALL ARE GOING TO PROM?! And with dates too! Hella cla$sy/bo$s or what? You ladies are my gangster BAMFs and I love love love you!

*Happy birthday Courtney Caglia-Hilty!

No comments: