Monday, March 1, 2010

Contemporary

"Driven Out: The Forgotten War Against Chinese Americans," by Jean Pfaelzer, and "Compelled to Excel: Immigration, Education, and Opportunity Among Chinese Americans," by Vivian Louie, are two relevant and fascinating books. Some parts of Chinese history in the U.S. is heartbreaking, a lot more so than I had thought. But in the "Compelled to Excel" book, it's interesting to see a scholar's view on the Asian phenomenon in the U.S.; a lot of facts and statistics about the Asian experience apply to my family and families that I know.

I am getting disgustingly lazy. I have plenty of motivation, but it's hard to translate motivation into action. And I have returned to my terrible habit of biting my nails. I think I got it from my seven-year-old brother, cause he just started last month. I'm actually biting my nails right now.

"96.7902%" is good enough for me, haha. YAY :)

No comments: