Saturday, May 16, 2009

Liberation, to an extent

AP World History testing on Thursday, May 14:
- My first AP test... ever. And probably the beginning of more to come.
- World history test was easier than I thought, but I had to do some insane studying.
- Test period was boring as hell, a lot of personal information had to be bubbled in. Waste of an hour, doing basically nothing.
- 3 essays within a time period of 2 hours! Finished in time, phew.
- I had Diana's Chinese dynasties song stuck in my head the whole time! Wanna hear? I can sing it to you if you need help remembering the dynasties :D
Shang Zhou Qin Han, Shang Zhou Qin Han,
Sui Tang Song, Sui Tang Song,
Yuan Ming Qing Republic, Yuan Ming Qing Republic,
Mao Ze Dong, DENG! Mao Ze Dong, DENG!


CCS on Friday, May 15:
- My first CCS ever too. And who knows, hopefully more to come.
- Subway during 4th period with Ronald, Thi, Gideon, and Brian to get some healthy lunch into my system.
- Afterwards, the CCS kids (Me, Kevin, Kelvin, Tung, Gideon, Zach, Vincent) skipped 5th and 6th period to get to George Haines International Swim Center early. Hung out at the nearby library and played 10 fingers, then Truth or Dare. Learned some very surprising (and pretty nasty) things about those guys, but you gotta give them props for their honesty. I won't judge or love these boys any less, haha! It sucked being the only girl too, targeting people isn't fair!
- When we realized we could not avoid Pagan any longer, we went to get our deck passes (it feels so cool and official-like to flash a deck pass to the guy at the gate!) and CCS t-shirts.
- First reaction: OH MY GOSH everyone at CCS is freakin' HUGE!!! And WHITE! Barely any asians. I swear, I did not look very tall there and in terms of muscles, I had none. Even Gideon looked like he was average height compared to them, haha. Everyone had body-length fastskins too while I looked pretty dumb wearing a normal suit. I was nervous as hell and felt like I was about to throw up. I seriously contemplated hiding in the library until it was all over.
- Surprisingly, Coach was really supportive and I think that really helped me calm down a little. He was telling me all these little bits of technique I had to remember, then suddenly, "OH YEAH, and don't forget to have fun! And breathe." Afterwards, "Good job. You had a great season, most definitely." WTF who is this man?!?! He used to say, "Breathing is overrated!"
- My 100 back time was 1:06.18, the EXACT same time (even the milliseconds) as the time I got at League Finals. Kinda disappointed, but it's whatever. At least I didn't get last.
- Saw Michael Ngo, who I haven't seen in 4 years and now has CRAZY muscles and is super fast! Also saw Mr. Miyagi and his Olympic-qualifying buddies in their 400 relay. Seriously, his friends qualified for the real Olympics! Probably my last time seeing him, as he is about to graduate. How I will miss him...
- Went to dinner at Pasta Pomodoro. More exposing of secrets and discussions of how we might do SCSC this summer instead of MTW.

*Happy birthday again! Only 2 years of having almost every class period with you, and look how far we have gotten. I call you lots of things but it's all out of love and respect. You already know! So fuck you<3 Haha! When is that dinner that you did not invite me to? (;

AP Testing and CCS is over. Possibly the most stressful week of sophomore year is over. Finally time to get some real sleep in. After all of this, I kinda feel like I can take on the world.

No comments: