My English teacher said that we go through a difficult time if we see things as burdens as opposed to challenges. It was relevant to his lesson on the connotation of words. Challenges are mostly seen as positive while burdens are negative. I felt like he was talking about me. I need to stop being Negative Nancy. It's not a good thing when everything becomes a burden: waking up, school, tests, clubs, journalism, playing with my brother, homework... even swimming!
I feel a cold coming on. I don't think it's natural to be sick twice in the past two months, especially around the hottest months of the year. I think the absence of swimming, exponential increase in stress, lack of vitamins (because I'm always thinking of something else and forget to take them), and unusual eating habits due to the absence of swimming are the reasons for this sickness. Oh and a few minutes ago, my mom said I'm breaking out again. Great.
On the bright side (because there always is one), I do hope I win Homecoming Queen :)
2 comments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zm6i-C0p1Y
in case it doesnt work, look up that song! last year, when i was hella sad and stressed, i listened to this all the time and it honestly helped
Post a Comment