Two days ago, I watched the San Bruno fire on TV from moments after it happened. I was initially pretty annoyed when "Breaking News" interrupted my Friends episode, but this was serious. I stared at the fire for two hours, just watching the devastation.
Yesterday, thoughts and images of the Columbine shooting consumed my mind after the Rachel's Challenge program came to our school. I know it's supposed to be positive and uplifting, but I find it difficult to create that kind of strength when we are faced with so much death and despair. Life is just not fair for so many people.
Today is the ninth anniversary of September 11, 2001. I have seen countless photo albums of the terrorist attacks and watched and rewatched a video of the actual event, from the immediate aftermath of the plane crash all the way to the collapse of both towers followed by screams and crying all over the streets of New York. It was heartbreaking. For some reason, I let myself look up the biographies of the hijackers and read the timeline of events for that morning.
These three days have just been too much to handle. I just need to get into a different mindset, but it's hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment