Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dawn

My grandparents left for China yesterday. I've been living with them my entire life, so it's very odd to not see them everyday. As is customary for most Chinese families, my grandparents are the ones who raised me since I was a baby while my parents were busy at work. I didn't think I would be this sad when they left, even if they are planning on coming back on September 19. My grandpa is 77 and my grandma is 76. It's hard to push away the nagging feeling that only one, or none, of them are coming back.

I believe I will be on another swimming hiatus until February, when MHS swim season starts. This week might just possibly be my last week at MTW, where I've spent the last nine years of my afternoons. Not swimming until February is going to make me so fucking miserable. It also really bothers me that my brother wants to quit swimming because he complains of a headache everyday. My dad is coming home from China today, so maybe my brother might relearn how to man up about things.

No comments: