My parents have been giving me a lot of crap lately about colleges and stuff, which is not a big surprise seeing as that I'm a rising senior, but my parents are sneaky and clever. They know exactly what to say to attack me. And honestly, each time they mention it, there's a little insult somewhere in what they're saying, whether it be a snarky comment or a drawn-out lecture. It's the kind of insult that nags me and slowly eats away at me until I feel like a hopeless failure. I don't know how they do it, but they're good at it. Lately, I've been feeling pretty down in the dumps. I wouldn't say depressed because it's simply not that serious, but I've had my moments of desperation/anger. Oh but that's not enough! No more hangouts for the rest of summer, meaning my weekends are just me condemned to my house pretending to do something productive. All I have each day is an hour after swimming practice where I say that I'm getting lunch, when I'm actually spending an hour with a friend. It's all I have.
I know this is absolutely silly, but those two hours just made my entire summer. It's definitely my teenage heart talking here, but I'll be satisfied with my life for a while, thanks to you. It's funny how the tiniest gestures can mean so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment