Monday, July 19, 2010

Inception

I'll try to avoid hopping on the Inception bandwagon of talking about how amazing the special effects are or how hot Leo or JoGoLev was, by saying that no film has ever made me think so deeply about the world around me and life in general. Instead of discussing the meaning of life as I see it, which would inevitably take hours of thinking and typing, I'll just say that the movie enforces some of my original beliefs, as well as offer new perspectives. I'm sure that planting new ideas is what cinematic genius Christopher Nolan desired in his audience, as ideas are "the most resilient parasite" and what the movie revolves around (The word inception means beginning or commencement). It's difficult to really explain all the mumble jumble of thoughts that I have floating around my head, as they hardly even make sense to me, but my mind has nonstop been at work since 3:15pm yesterday. That movie really does give you a lot to think about. Nothing I say will do it true justice, so I highly recommend watching it.

Of course, there are other interpretations online that also gave me insight; one of which I found quite interesting here.

No comments: