I have a whole half-page list of things I want to accomplish this break, most of which are school related, but I have no clue how I'm going to do all of that in just two weeks. Today is the first official full day of break for me and the first thing I shall do is make a plan, because without it, I will be lost. (Speaking of lost, I found my planner! Or actually, Ric had it all along... ugh.) Number 1 thing on my list is to catch up in Anatomy and AP Chemistry in time for finals; I feel like I'm really behind in those classes.
So my parents are going to Napa Valley today along with their friends from when we were back in Chicago. I REALLY don't want to go. As a kid, you do not belong there. The scenery is nice, I guess, but we don't care about that. The drive is loooooong and endless. And we can't even try the wine, which is the whole point of going! I've already been there twice in my life, I don't even know why, and I do not want to go back until I am old enough to understand "good wine." But it would look bad on my parents because they haven't seen their friends in years. It would be common Chinese courtesy to go along and not having the whole family go is like a slap in their face. I know that it's not uncommon for people to decide whether to do what they want to do or what they have to do, but in the Chinese tradition, we usually have no choice. Respect for others must be above matters of oneself. However, I'm in somewhat of a homework kind of mood today, which is quite rare, and I need to take advantage of it. I'll see how this turns out, my parents' final decision is still in the making.
I feel like I have to be secretive all the time now around certain people in my classes. In the end, we all want the same thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment